♦♦Youth SWIM/TRACK Program♦♦
In conjunction with the AVTrack Club.
Tuesday, April 3 to Friday, June 1 (9 week program)
$125 flat fee (plus Swim Team Tag Day May 5 or 6). Note: you do not have to the Track Tag Day, just the Swim Tag Day.
|Must be 8 as of dec. 31/18|
9-week program – each week
1. Swimming (choose Monday or Wednesday or Friday) 3:45pm-4:45pm
2. Running/track (choose Tuesday or Thursday) 4pm-5:30pm
|(April 3 - June 1)|
1. Swimming requirements: Be able to swim in any fashion one length of the main pool (25m). Proper fitting goggles.
2. Running requirements: Proper running or cross training shoes. Water bottle and sun hat.
- Healthy, active living – triathlon as a lifestyle sport
- Lifelong participation – recreation and competitive streams; developmentally appropriate training
- Safety – distance and equipment regulations
- Fun – enjoyment of sport, celebration of personal excellence and camaraderie
Does my child have to choose the same day of swimming and track every week for the 9 weeks?
This program is all about flexibility. Choose whichever day for each activity as it fits your schedule, one week might be on Monday and the next on Friday. Or if you miss a day, you can make it up the following week by doing two days.
What does the training look like?
Swimming: 1.0 hrs/week – Focus is on front crawl, stamina and overall swim conditioning. The goal is to eventually be able to swim 200m with some speed and 400m very comfortably.
Running: 1.5 hrs/week – Focus is on learning to run smoothly with an easy stride, increase stamina and speed.
Does my child have to be an already good swimmer, runner and biker?
There is no expectation of high or even medium skill level. As long as your child meets the minimum prerequisites listed above they are very welcome to join in.
The emphasis is on participation not competition.
My child is already a very strong runners or good swimmer, will they be challenged in this program?
Training is individualized and youths who show high skills level will be given a hard more challenging workout to meet their training needs.